The student news site of Corona del Mar High School

Trident

Trident

Trident

Talk To Us!

What is your favorite of going back-to-school?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Do you have news?

Something you want to write about? A club or activity on campus you want to highlight? Fill out the form here to submit your own articles.

The Swift and Beyonce Concert Effect

FAN EXPERIENCES AND BUSINESS BOOTS
Taylor Swift’s the Eras Tour Concert: Photo courtesy of Elise Elvander edited on iPhone

California has had many concerts over these past few months. From Taylor Swift to Beyonce, artists have made their way through California, giving fans a once-in-a-lifetime experience but also helping the boost economies around them.Taylor Swift’s 2023 Era’s Tour was the highlight of every Swifties’ summer. One of those Swifties is Lauren Gilliam, a junior at CdM, who went to the concert and commented, “It was amazing, it was the best night of my life…”. Elise Elvander, a Swifty fan, fellow concert attendee, and a junior at CdM, agreed: “I would never pass up on an opportunity to see Taylor Swift…they had light bracelets that would light up during different songs” and illuminated the stadium. 

The Eras Tour had a variety of merchandise for fans and several enthusiastic Swifties lining up for the concert. The lines were so long that fans had to get there first thing in the morning to beat the crowd. Gilliam remarked, “All the lines were long, but I got there so early that I was first…[I got] the crewneck and a black shirt.”According to CNBC, “Real spending is expected to come in 1.9% higher in the third quarter, helped in part by stadium tours from music superstars Taylor Swift and Beyoncé…”.

Beyonce’s 2023 Renaissance World Tour was in California over Labor Day weekend. Everyone who went to the concert stuck to the dress code of wearing everything silver. Paulina Galvan, a junior at CdM was among the attendees, she declared, “It was the best thing I’ve ever done.” When asked her favorite song Galvan voiced, “I like…every single song…I sang my heart out.” Galvin continued, “It was very energetic and welcoming because everyone just wanted to be there.… Everyone was standing up [and] really into it.”

However, Taylor Swift and Beyonce did not just create an experience for everyone who went to the concert. They also produced an opportunity for hotels, restaurants, and small businesses to make more money, which boosted the economy in those businesses. Elvander voiced, “They have to go out to dinner, lunch wherever they’re seeing it. Maybe get a hotel, flying so that brings in a lot of revenue.”