CdM Football CIF 2019

Bella Riccio, Journalist

From our continual Battle of the Bay wins, students and staff can agree that our football team is definitely not bad. So it’s no surprise that our Varsity Football team made it to division three CIF again this year and the school is very anxious to see how they do. Last year, they made it quite far, so there are high expectations. They’ve already won their first CIF game and aim to win more. That first game was against Santiago high school and CdM won by a landslide with a score of 49-0. Although the players put on a great show, the stands looked pretty empty. CdM Cheer member and Junior Julia Soderberg has noticed the lack of support and commented, saying “We definitely need more students to come out and support.” She goes on to explain that “The players and Cheer team are all hyped up but we don’t get much excitement from the crowd.” This is a shame because the Varsity Football team and Cheer/Song teams have been working extremely hard at practice and really want the audience cheering them on. Junior Victoria Wessler, another member of the Song team says “I think we have a pretty good chance of winning this year, since we made it far last year.” She also agrees with Julia about the amount of students coming to games, saying “We already have great school spirit and definitely want to see more of it during CIF so the varsity football team can get far.” Anyone that is free on a Saturday night and is in the mood for showing some school spirit should go and see Varsity Football play a great game and engaging in fun cheers to chant that are led by the cheer team.