The student news site of Corona del Mar High School

Trident

Trident

Trident

Talk To Us!

What is your favorite of going back-to-school?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Do you have news?

Something you want to write about? A club or activity on campus you want to highlight? Fill out the form here to submit your own articles.

A Winning Week for JV Girls Tennis

The+CdM+Tennis+courts+before+the+game.%0APhoto+courtesy+of+Eden+Clark+on+iPhone+
The CdM Tennis courts before the game. Photo courtesy of Eden Clark on iPhone

Playing multiple matches a week, the CdM tennis program, and this year’s Girls Junior Varsity have already started their season off strong. Going up against formidable opponents, Laguna Beach and Edison High School, they still managed to win both their games just this week, keeping their winning streak alive. When asked about this week’s success, junior Eden Clark was ecstatic: “I think everybody did really well in their matches, and all our practice is definitely starting to pay off!”

Their first game of the week took place at Edison High School in Huntington Beach. Getting pumped up on the bus ride over, the team felt confident and ready to play their best. Even though the windy weather affected the ball movement and serves, the team took this in stride. Sophomore Michelle Nguyen and freshman Becca Tomac were a great team, winning their doubles match. Sophomore Eliza Jensen also played doubles with Clark three times, and they won each match. They dominated the competition with one match even ending 6-0. Jensen is “proud of [their] scores, and how the whole team played.” Speaking of the whole team, the final score was a 9-9 tie. However, with CdM having more game scores at 76-67, the girls took home a victory.

Their second, and final game of the week on Thursday was also victorious. Going up against another accomplished team did not faze them. With a final score of 14-4, they proved their talent and finished strong. With more of the same pairings, Clark and Jensen continued their winning streak. “I think winning on Tuesday gave us confidence when we played again on Thursday,” she said when explaining their mindset throughout the week.