31 Days of Max Fournier

From left to right are the first 16 days of October in order, the last two are his favorites: the 26th and 31st. Photos courtesy of: 1st, 5th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 14th, and 15th: Max Fournier, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 16th, 26th and 31st: Kaydence Osgood, 6th: Kaydence Osgood, edited using PicsArt, collaged together using PicsArt, text added using PicsArt.

Kaydence Osgood, Journalist

This Halloween season CdM senior Max Fournier decided to dress up every day of October. Building off last year, when he dressed up the whole week before Halloween, Fournier wanted to challenge himself and has been planning this for months. All of his hard work paid off and not only did it impact him but it also brought joy to others on campus.

Mr. Oyas (pictured above with Fournier on October 13th), Fournier’s counselor, had high praise for Fournier “I’m proud of his imagination, right? Because I don’t even know how he comes up with that many costumes. I can barely come up with one for myself.” He continued by pointing out how it correlates with Fournier’s life, “Then the hard work and dedication for the creativity. I mean it goes a little beyond just the costumes, right? It really shows that he has a talent for this sort of thing. So I think he’s perfectly in line with what he’s doing with theater. This kind of flows over into his real life.” When asked how he felt seeing Fournier’s costume every day he stated “I think it’s great because I always think of Halloween being the start of the holiday season. Some of them extend a long time, like Christmas is pretty much the whole month of December, well he’s kind of brought that sort of holiday season into the whole month of October. Which is cool, right? When anyone is that festive, I’m always two thumbs up about it.” One of Fournier’s friends, Je Anne Hendrickx, stated “I think it’s fun because it makes everybody on campus smile. Just to see some people dress up earlier makes it more fun for everybody else and gets everybody in the Halloween spirit.”

Before this all started, his favorite costume was his last costume, Freddy Mercury, but after that whole process, it was beaten by his Sue Sylvester costume on the 26th. He thoroughly enjoyed the experience and so did others, “From friends and teachers I got plenty of positive reactions. It was very fun to receive their praise and thoughts on each costume.” Others, in the general public, made him feel like “…a zoo because people would randomly take photos of me and it was weird.” Another hardship was trying to dress up and do rehearsal for She Kills Monsters, “…it can be difficult to do fight choreography if I am in full costume. Overall he felt that the experience was fun and “…something so impactful that I could totally write a college essay or something about it.” If he’d planned it out better, he said that he would totally do it again.

He had a wide array of costumes, starting with a pirate on day one. The rest were as follows: October 2nd- Indiana Jones from the Indiana Jones film series

October 3rd- Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy film series

October 4th- Luke Danes from Gilmore Girls

October 5th- Peter B Parker from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

October 6th- Jim hopper from Stranger Things

October 7th- Daredevil from Netflix’s Daredevil tv series

October 8th- Wolverine from the X-Men film series

October 9th- a Werewolf

October 10th- 3 hole punch Jim from The Office

October 11th- Jason Todd from the Batman series

October 12th- Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars: Episode 3 – Revenge of the Sith

October 13th- a hippie

October 14th- a skeleton

October 15th- a character from the Men in Black film series

October 16th- a character from Squid Games

October 17th- Frankenstein

October 18th- a pizza delivery guy

October 19th- John Bender from The Breakfast Club

October 20th- Shaggy Rogers from the Scooby-Doo series

October 21st- Eddie Munson from Stranger Things

October 22nd- Incognito Captain America from the Captain America film series

October 23rd- a character from The Matrix

October 24th- Ghostface from the Scream film series

October 25th- Joker from the Batman series

October 26th- Sue Sylvester from Glee

October 27th- Dracula

October 28th- Darth Maul from Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace

October 29th- Doris the Ugly Step-Sister from Shrek 2 and 3

October 30th- Max Goof Goofy’s son in many Disney films

October 31st- Freddie Mercury from Queen’s “I Want to Break Free” music video