ONE On Campus

Natasha Karam, Journalist

This past week, finals week at CdM, was a week filled with exams that have the potential to make or break grades. That being said, the week can be stressful for many students and it is important to be able to have a place on campus where students can find inspiration and a desire to be heard. One on Campus, ONE, is a non-profit organization held on campus that provides students’ with the support they need not only throughout finals week, but all year.
The organization’s goal is to provide a space for students to make their decisions and choices by looking at the infinite solutions that inspiration can fuel rather than focusing on the problems. ONE’s uplifting message creates a positive environment for students to be able to voice their opinions or struggles with a group of accepting and loving individuals.
Senior and president of the campus organization, Johnny Lujan stated,” One On Campus has actually altered my life completely. Stepping back and not being so impulsive with my decisions is a struggle for me. With friends in particular I struggle with accepting not being able to control what people think of me. When I go to One On Campus meeting every Monday at 7, I talk and open up about me struggles… With the support of the group I always manage to leave a little stronger than I was when I walked in.”
All throughout finals week, ONE members passed out snacks such as donuts, pizza, and chips out to students in between classes. Sophomore, Alden Mulroy stated,”It was nice to be able to see students contributing to making us all feel less stressed by handing out snacks. I feel like the week brings a lot of pressure amongst students and One On Campus really promotes being able to take your stress and turn it to positivity.”
Other than their meeting outside of school hours, ONE is open to students daily during school hours. There is no qualification needed to be able to go into One on Campus or participate in their events other than the desire to be inspired.