Spring Festival Concert

Mallorie Cohen, Journalist

This upcoming Monday, April 1st, the CdM vocal department is having their annual Spring Festival Concert at 7:00 PM in the Sea King Theater. Tickets are $10 dollars for parents and $5 dollars for students. All the vocal groups will be preforming songs they have been working on in class for the last few months in the concert. Senior Kara Pauley and member of Vox Angelica, the advanced women’s ensemble, is very excited for the upcoming show to perform multiple different genres of music, “I will be performing a high energy, Haitian Creole song called Koudjay. This piece is very difficult rhythmically but it is so much fun to sing since the song is so energetic and expressive. We will also be performing a German Love song, Er Ist Gekommen, and a mystical piece called My Bed is a Little Boat. Our repertoire for this concert is very difficult, but I think our hard work will definitely pay off when we compete in our festival next week.” Along with preforming at the concert, the songs will also be sang at the Southern California Vocal Association (SCVA) Festival on Wednesday April 3ed in the Sea King Theater for the first time ever. At the festival CdM’s vocal department will be competing with different choirs from other schools and are judged on performance and vocals. There is also an on demand sight reading competition for students to participate in. The vocal department has a busy week ahead of them with the Spring Festival Concert and the SCVA Festival.