Prom 2022

Photo+Courtesy+of+Sofia+Krykunenko+

Photo Courtesy of Sofia Krykunenko

Eliana Posin, Journalist

As the school year enters its last weeks, with all of the rallies finished, AP tests wrapped up, and Seniors itching to throw up their grad caps, there is only one way to end the year with a bang. That’s right, Prom. 

This year, CdM’s Prom was held at the Anaheim House of Blues, a popular concert venue near Disneyland. With the roaring 20’s theme, the dresses were beautiful and the suits looked sharp. The event started at 7 and ended at 10, and many students could hear the Disneyland fireworks as they left the dance. 

Before they got to the dance, many students, especially seniors, gathered at suitable lookout spots all over Newport, Corona del Mar, and Laguna Beach to take pictures of their last high school dance. 

Six students ran for Prom court: Cole Hendrickx, Carter Healy, and AJ Plumb for Prom King, Kayla Arbogast, Amelie Freby, and Emily Valentine for Prom Queen. Carter Healy and Emily Valentine took their crowns home at the end of the night. 

There was a lot of positive feedback from the dance. “My favorite part was dancing at prom,” said Senior Alice Iacone, “It was so much fun dancing with my friends. It was a good event to end my senior year with.” 

Junior Sofia Krykunenko focussed more on the social aspect of the dance during her feedback, “I loved spending time with my friends. Getting ready, eating dinner, and then going to the dance together was definitely my favorite part,” she said. 

Overall, Prom 2022 was one to remember for all of the seniors graduating. After not holding a Prom last year, CdM’s Prom comeback was a big success. Whether it was the outfits, the pictures, the venue, or the dancing, CdM’s final event of the year will not be forgotten.