PI Day: A Recap

Photo courtesy of ASB, photos collaged together on PicsArt.

Summer Perry, Journalist

With whipped cream plastered on almost every teacher’s face, Monday, March 14th could not have been a more successful day for Trient Magazine. The fundraiser was meant to generate funds to publish one more magazine for the year and celebrate National PI day, of course.

Getting out of 3rd period 15 minutes early the 13 Trident Magazine members wore their Trident sweatshirts proudly as they set up for the event that would feature 19 teachers being pied directly in the face (or somewhere on the trash bag that they had been provided.) Putting goggles on each seat to protect their eyes, trident students were putting the final touches as the bell rang and out poured students willing to pie as many teachers as they could in the span of 30 minutes. Lining up, cameras in hand, students were captivated by seeing either old teachers they had or their current teachers volunteering to smell like whipped cream for the next few days.

Barely recognized Mrs.Gno kept on trying to wipe the whipped cream from her goggles that overclouded her vision while her sign briefly read “Ngo’s expectations either to be precise or accurate” which then had a checkmark through the precise box. Mrs.Ngo explained that this was a lesson “[she] usually teaches in chemistry about the difference between precision and accuracy.” When it comes to pieing people in the face this philosophy works phenomenally as hitting the target is important but using skill and precision is more important as it has way more effect on how the throw will go. Word to the wise: keep Mrs.Ngo’s words burned within the brain in preparation for future pi day fundraisers!

Pieing a total of 5 teachers, AJ Plumb ended up getting pied as “[he] was preparing to pie Mrs.Jones, and then [his] friend… turned to his left and got [him] on the side of the face.” He then followed this up by saying that “it was unfortunate but it is what it is.”

As the first bell sounded for 5th period everyone watched as the last pie was thrown directly towards Ms.Jones and her baby as it was a two-for-one shot. The cleaning process had just begun as more and more people left the quad to be just in time for 5th period. With two brooms, multiple rags, and a hose that came in handy when wiping away the stains that were forming on the cement, members of Trident had realized that they had officially put on their first event of the year. Trident Magazine thanks ASB and Trident TV for videoing and helping the event grow and turn into a big hit!