Boys Soccer BOTB

Bella Riccio, Journalist

On the 29th of January, Corona del Mar High School took part in multiple battle of the bays against Newport Harbor high school. There was a boys varsity basketball game located in the gym and a boys varsity soccer game located on the Newport Harbor stadium field. This was the boys varsity soccer team’s fourth league game and they’ve been on a three game winning streak. The first league game was also against Newport Harbor high school, it took place on the 17th of January and Corona del Mar ended up winning by a score of 3-2. The second league game was on January 22, against Edison highschool; the game ended with a close score of 2-1, with Corona del Mar gaining another victory. The third league game was against Los Alamitos highschool and the boys soccer team pulled through with a 1-0 win.

The game on Thursday was a battle between Corona del Mar highschool (dressed in white) and Newport Harbor highschool (dressed in navy blue). It started at 5:00 pm and from the very beginning both the teams were very energetic. It was a fast paced game and our Corona del Mar highschool varsity team was passing and moving the ball great between our players. The first goal belonged to the seakings, so the halftime score was 1-0 with Corona del Mar in the lead. Unfortunately, Newport Harbor highschool managed to get two goals in the second half. Our boy’s varsity team worked very hard until the final whistle and played greatly. The final score was 1-2 with a Corona del Mar loss. This was their first loss in the league and they are heading to Edison highschool next, so all our students from Corona del Mar are wishing them the best of luck for their upcoming games.