Sugar Cookie Spectacular

Anabelle Taylor, Journalist

On December 19, 2019 CdM Associated Student Body hosted a make-your-own sugar cookie station during lunch. Hungry students filtered in and out during the event, and left with a personalized cookie creation. The table had several toppings to choose from including: M&M’s, mini Kit-Kats, sprinkles with festive colors (such as: red, green and blue), and chocolate chips. Sea Kings could also choose different cookie shapes and frosting colors to truly customize their cookie and make it their own. CdM’s own Forbes Painter left the table having assembled a Christmas tree cookie with pink frosting and green sprinkles. After taking the first bite Forbes said enthusiastically “Wow, that’s really good.”

The producers of this festive and fun-filled event included Claire Eusey and Reese Olson, both of who are on the committee for lunchtime activities at CdM. Claire’s favorite topping was the mini Kit-Kats and Reese’s was the chocolate. When asked the question are you looking forward to the holiday season? If so, what part specifically?, Claire answer assuredly “I am looking forward to spending time with my family and Christmas in general.” The lunchtime activity committee, said that the purpose of the sugar cookie decorating was to bring people together and spread holiday cheer around campus. These two admirable goals were without a doubt achieved. Everyone that attended the cookie decorating was festive and immersed in the holiday spirit.

The cookie convention attracted a lot of students who were all united by their love for cookies. It was a festive and friendly confection convention that encapsulated the spirit of the holidays.