The December Wellness Wednesday

Bella Riccio, Journalist

Wellness Wednesday is an extraordinary ASB event that is hosted every month on a Wednesday. That Wednesday, at lunch time, everyone is welcomed to gather in the ASB room to do something good for their mental health, whether that is learning calligraphy with Ms. Palmer, or de-stressing with a slice of pizza while watching The Office. Freshman Sophia Rabin says, “I’m in ASB, so I get to see a lot of the work that goes into creating consistent events like Wellness Wednesday. I love to come out, just take a brain break and enjoy pizza, a show, friendship bracelets, or whatever is going on that month! It definitely takes a lot of effort to create a consistent event like Wellness Wednesday, and I’m proud of the people that put it together!” This month we got to enjoy a free slice of pizza and the entertainment of one of The Office’s christmas episodes. The ASB room was filled with students from all grades, middle school included. One of the people who came to enjoy this Wellness Wednesday was Freshman Beatrice Douglass. Douglass says that the reason she enjoys Wellness Wednesdays is because, “It’s a calming place where you get to watch your favorite shows and eat some great food.” The reason why this event that occurs every month is so popular is because ASB works hard to give the students a stress free environment where they can hang out with their fellow classmates, and relax a bit before returning to their classes. This Wellness Wednesday event is a great way to help create the school culture we are currently striving for, and better yet it can be used to improve one’s own mental health and happiness.