CdM JV Lacrosse vs. Esperanza

Ivy Hollander, Journalist

On Thursday, the Corona del Mar (CdM) Junior Varsity (JV) lacrosse team played up against Esperanza High School. This game was the JV team’s first game in the upcoming season. The new JV team had been preparing for the new season for about a week and a half.

In the beginning of the game, Jilly Senk and one of the other players took the draw for the ball. Luckily, she got the ball into her stick and went running to the goal to score. She passed it around to hopefully get a goal. Unfortunately, the defenders on the other team got ahold of the ball and began running and passing to score on their side of the lacrosse field. Fortunately, the CdM goalie, Ellie Spotts, stopped the attempted shot from the other team.

During the game, there were a lot of fouls that occured. When a foul occurs, the play gets either a free shot or an open pathway to run and score into the goal.

Later in the game, Kate Kittleson got ahold of the ball and began running down the field to CdM’s scoring side. She passed the ball to Jilly Senk and she scored. Everyone in the crowd was cheering all of the players on. Chynna Linkon also helped assist the team by scoring many of the goals.

Towards the end of the game, Caroline Cannon scored a great shot in the corner of the goal. The goalie on the other team could not get to it in time. CdM won the game with six points and the other team having two points. The whole team congratulated the goalie and then high fived each of the players and coaches from the other team. Every player on the CdM team played a great game and will continue to do well during the upcoming season.