Trident

Backpacking Through Europe

Back to Article
Back to Article

Backpacking Through Europe

Tara Zadeh, Journalist

Backpacking through Europe, what does it entail and is it worth it. Backpacking throughout Europe is a common trend through travelers of any age who wish to experience the freedom of solo travel. A large number of travelers are students of some king, traveling during a gap or break in studies. Backpacking is prominent among United States citizens, as well as global citizens. Individuals travel from regions such as Australia, South America, Europe itself, and many other areas. Backpacking is significant in many areas of the world, so why is Europe such a well-known and visited a destination? Europe’s short proximity to many distinct countries and dense cultural and environmental diversity allows travelers to easily migrate throughout many distinct countries, which each have many differences, including foods, language, landscape, monuments, and more.

Backpacking is said to take a great deal of planning and the acceptance of potential discomfort during travels, as people must live on the sole contents of the bag that they carry on their back. For many backpacking can be used as a means of coming into the world as an adult and experiencing things through the eyes of someone learning more about themselves, although, backpacking is also commonly done in groups.

The first step of backpacking is the initial planning, which entails transportation, destinations, and accommodations. Next is budgeting and arranging the costs that must be compensated for. Third is packing all personal essentials, as well as recommended backpacking items.

A common means of accommodation while backpacking is the use of hostels. Hostels provide inexpensive accommodation for travelers. Instead of renting a room, travelers rent a bed and share other amenities, including kitchen and bathroom, with other travelers. Hostels are a common alternative for backpackers and they allow relationships between fellow backpackers to form.