Behind the Scenes of the Orchesis Show

Natasha Karam, Journalist

Starting in August, CdM Orchesis starting prepping for their annual Orchesis show that is being performed at the CdM theatre this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The show is composed of nearly an hour and a half of dance and art brought together for the enjoyment of students and family members.
This year the show’s theme is ‘Orch Cinema,’ where the dancers will be performing to iconic songs from the soundtracks of movies. The genres range from thriller, action, drama, romance, and even comedy movies. Before each dance a short preview of the movie and what the dance will be based on is played to better portray what the dance is about for its audience.
The dancers have put in months of preparation and practice to bring its audience the best show possible. Vice president and sophomore, Samantha Brewster, stated,”We have put in an immense amount of hard work into these dances. It is such a long and tedious process and although there has been so many tiring or stressful days, it is all so so worth it. The reason it is so worth the hard work is because we get to watch all of our dances come together to become something we never thought it had the potential to become and with costumes and lighting each dance continues to grow.”
In order for each dance to be considered ‘show ready,’ it has to go through the staging and lighting processes after the dance has been cleaned and perfected. Freshman, Charlotte Chung, stated,”As a first year on Orchesis, it has been such a nerve wracking and exciting experience at the same time. Getting close with this team has been so much fun and I would never want to let them down but I know that together we are going to have such a good time during the next week despite how stressed we are.”
The girls are looking forward to seeing the product all their time and work this upcoming week. The show will be at CdM’s theatre Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:00pm and an additional show on Saturday at 2pm. With nearly three days till the curtain opens for the dancers first night on stage, the girls’ excitement continues to build.