Lady Warrior Classic Girls’ Wrestling Tournament

Lauren von Aspen, Journalist

Wrestling season is in full swing this winter, with several exciting tournaments and matches for both the boys and the girl’s teams. On Friday, December 21 and Saturday, December 22, four Corona del Mar wrestlers participated in the two-day Lady Warrior Classic girls’ wrestling tournament. The four girls wrestling were Bella Walsh, Lauren von Aspen, Angelina Garcia, and Kiersten Muse. There were especially impressive performances from Angelina Garcia and Kiersten Muse, who both advanced to the second day of the tournament. Kiersten Muse won third place in the tournament in her weight class.

The tournament occured at La Puente High School in La Puente. To advance to the next day, the wrestlers would have to either win three matches or win two and lose one to enter into the consolation matches the next day. 

The girls’ team has grown this past year, with two new female wrestlers joining for a total of five girls on the team. Great things are expected from members of the team, especially Kiersten Muse, who has had several tournament wins and has earned several tournament medals. 

The girl’s and boy’s teams both have events coming up. The girl’s team will compete in another two-day tournament December 28 and 29 in Corona and the boys varsity will have a team dual against Newport Harbor on Wednesday, January 9. The dual on the 9th is the wrestling battle of the bay and the results will determine which team gets to keep the prized golden singlet. Make sure to come out and support the boy’s and girl’s wrestling team events in the future. They are always filled with fun and excitement.